Sunday, September 21, 2008

Equiliminant Paintings


So I was trying to find a picture that was equiluminant, and I started by reading the website http://www.webexhibits.org/colorart/monet2.html which says that Monet's "Poppies, Near Argenteuil" has equiluminescence. So I started a google image search for a picture that I could post.

In doing that, I discovered that although the painting is SUPPOSED to be equiliminant, many of the online reproductions are not, as evidenced by this grayscale version that the poppies are still clearly distinguishable in. The color version of it even looks different than another color version that IS equiliminant.

Color of non-equiliminant version:


Equiluminant picture:



Equiluminant picture in grayscale:




Finally, here's another poppy picture that is equiluminant:


Its color version:

No comments: